Thursday, October 20, 2011

after Touchdown and beyond..

Sunny is up and I am up! I still feel sore on some parts of my body, but I have to get my butt out of bed and get ready to go to work. Hot shower, yippee!! Nice. Quarter before 8,  here comes my ‘school bus’. Hehe. people here move around by cars. No safe PMV / taxi for expats.
First rule: don’t go out by yourselves alone, nor try to walk. Its either you get mobbed or robbed at the same time. Expats are therefore cautioned to be more carefully. Lucky me I learned how to drive early on, as driving is the only option to go around the city. Hoping to get my hands of that steering wheel soon. Keeping my fingers crossed on this *wink*
Second Rule: KEEP YOUR CAR DOORS LOCKED AT ALL TIMES!! In the phils, you can still be safe since there are no incidents where there are “bukas gang” while you are driving. In mosby, some raskols will approached your moving car and try to open it. 2 of my fellow pinoy here had already experienced it and its scary. Especially now were going to transfer on our new office near a local marketplace.
Third Rule: don’t expect big on mosby. There are no supermalls, cinemas, starbucks, fast foods here. Uh-oh. Not even a decent place to go hanging out with friends after work other than the club inside the hotels. On a positive note, a simple life indeed. I experienced going to supermarket exciting! Yep, exciting indeed, coz there is nowhere else to go and to do other than that.
Fourth Rule: know your surroundings, and be careful in trusting the locals. Mosby is not that big to not be easily memorized, but im getting confused with all these roundabouts. Kaloka! I can only memorize the one going to our house and the hotel. Lol! Bad for me eh. They say, its not the same trusting the locals here, coz you don’t know what is going on in their head. Keep a simple profile and be alert
Fifth Rule: Follow all the rules, stay alert, entertain yourself, be happy, find trusting expats or fellow pinoys and save! That’s what im here for anyway. Lol. *wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment